FEDERAL FINANCIAL BUDGET 2018-19
INCREASE IN PAY, ALLOWANCES & PENSION
ACCORDING TO BUDGET SPEECH OF FINANCE MINISTRER ON 27-MAY-2018
Relief Measures for Government Employees and Pensioners
Our government has consistently provided increase in pay and pensions of government employees over the last five years. Despite fiscal constraints a further relief is being provided to government servants and pensioners although the inflation this year currently stands at 3.8 percent:
- 10% Adhoc Relief Allowance (2018) to Civil & Armed Forces Employees
A 10% Ad-hoc Relief Allowance to Civil and Armed Forces Employees with effect from 1 July 2018.
- 10% increase in Pensions
A 10% increase is also being proposed for Pensioners across the board.
- 50% increased in House Rent Ceiling
Housing is a serious problem for government employees in major cities. House rent ceiling is being increased by 50% on existing rates.
- 50% increased in House Rent Allowance (HRA)
Similarly, House Rent Allowance is also being increased by 50% on existing rates.
- Minimum Pension
Considering the difficulties of low-paid pensioners, minimum pension is being increased to Rs.10,000 from the present Rs.6,000. Similarly,
Family Pension would also get increased from Rs.4,500 to Rs.7,500.
- Minimum Pension above the age of 75 Year
Minimum Pension of Pensioners above the age of 75 will be Rs.15,000.
- Overtime Allowance of staff car drivers and dispatch riders from Rs: 40 to Rs: 80
Overtime Allowance of staff car drivers and dispatch riders is being increased from Rs.40 per hour to Rs.80 per hour.
- House Building Advance (HBA) & Motor Car Advance (MCA) etc.
The government has also proposed an allocation of Rs.12 billion for provision of advances to government servants for house-building and purchase of transport facility.
- Performance Allowance for Senior Officers
The government is also setting aside an allocation of Rs.5 billion for Senior Officers Performance Allowance. Details of this will be announced separately.
- Download> Federal Budget Speech 2018-19 (Urdu Version)
- Download > Federal Budget Speech 2018-19 (English Version)
Download > Federal Budget Speech 2018-19 (English Version)