STENOGRAPHERS GAZETTED CLARIFICATIONS :: The practice of using term of gazetted and classes has been discontinued vide Civil Serbants (Change in Nomenclature of Service and abolition of Classes) Rules 1973. However, the practice of notifying all appointments to BS-16 and above the Gazette will continume to be followed, as per Establishment Division O.M No. 1/1/73-ARC, dated 10-11-1973 :: Establishment Division O.M. dated 3rd July, 2012
STENOGRAPHERS RECRUITMENT RULES 2012
BY ESTABLISHMENT DIVISION
RE-DESIGNATION OF POST OF STENOGRAPHERS (BS-16) AS ASSISTANT PRIVATE SECRETARY (BS-16)
GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN
No.F.2-7/2011-HR-II Islamabad, the 11 th May 2012
Subject: RE-DESIGNATION OF POST OF STENOGRAPHERS (BS-16) AS ASSISTANT PRIVATE SECRETARY (BS-16)
The undersigned is directed to forward herewith applications of following Stenographers (BS-16) of this Division on the above noted subject for further action as per rules/policy:- 1. Mr.Shahid Ahmed, Stenographer
2. Mr.Shafiq-ur-Rehman, Stenographer
3. Mr.Abdur Rehman, Stenographer
4. Mr.M.Munawar, Stenographer
2. This issues with the approval of Senior Joint Secretary (HRM).
Copy forwarded to:
1. Presidents Secretariat (Public, Personal) Islamabad.
2. Prime Ministers Secretariat Internal and Public Islamabad.
3. National Assembly, Senat Islamabad.
4. Supreme Court of Pakistan Islamabad.
5. CGA, Islamabad
6. All Chief Secretaries/Finance Secretaries of the Government of Punjab/Sindh/KPK/Balochistan & Azad State of Jammu & Kashmir.
7. Auditor-General of pakistan.
8. DG Post Offices, Islamabad.
Islamabad: 24th December, 2011 Clearification Received from Establishment Division Clarification regarding(c) Presently Private Secretaries (BPS-17) are granted BPS-18 after Read More »
Islamabad: 2th December, 2011 Latest Status of Notification | Clearification Received from Establishment Division | Now putting for Final Order in Finance Division.
Government of Pakistan
Subject: UP-GRADATION OF THE POSTS OF STENOTYPIST,STENOGRAPHER AND PRIVATE SECRETARY.
Reference Finance Division's U.O No.F.19(55) Legal-II/2010-1055, dated 22.12.2011 on the above subject.
2. In order to implement the judgement of FST and advice tendered by Law, Justice and Parlimentary Affairs Division vide U.O No.630/2011-Law-I, dated 11.7.2011 the matter for up-grading the post of Private Secretary from BPS-17 to BPS-18 has been examined in Establishment Division. The clarifications on the points raised by Finance Division are as under:-
(i) Presently Private Secretaries (BPS-17) are granted BPS-18 after putting in seven years satisfactory service in terms of Establishment Division's O.M No.4/1/98-R-6 dated 4.2.2009. It has been decided that in future they should be granted BPS-18 after putting in five years satisfactory service, as prescribed for general policy for promotion contained in vide Establishmnt Division's O.M No.1/9/80-R-2 dated 02.06.1983.
Clarifications regarding (d)
(ii) Stenographers are eligible to appear in the promotional examination for the post of Section Officer (BPS-17).
(iii) Stenographers are also eligible for promotion to the post of Private Secretary (BPS-17).
(iv) Candidates after qualifying the CSS examination are appointed to posts in BPS-17 in various Occupational Groups/Services.
(v) Keeping in view of the position at (ii) to (iv) it has been decided that all existing Private Secretaries working in BPS-17 may be granted BPS-18 on a one time basis. In future the post of Private Secretary shall remain in BPS-17, instead of up-grading the post to BPS-18 which could result in providing an avenue of promotion to Stenographers directly to BPS-18 post.
Government of Pakistan
Subject: UPGRADATION OF THE POSTS OF STENOTYPIST STENOGRAPHER AND PRIVATE SECRETARY.
Reference Prime Minister's Secretariat U.O. No.3857/PSPM/2011 dated 17.12.2011, addressed to the Finance Secretary with a copy endorsed to the Establishment Secretary on the above noted subject.
2. At para - 10 of the Establishment Division's U.O No.1/3/2008/R-6 dated 9.12.2011, it has been stated that the post of Private Secretary BS-17 may continue to remain in BS-17 and may be granted BS-18 after putting in 5 years satisfactory service instead of seven years. However, at para (d) of the U.O ibid it has been stated that the existing Private Secretaries in BS-17 may be granted BS-18 on one time basis.
3. The Establishment Division is requested to clarify whether the existing Private Secretaries in BS-17 are to be granted BS-18 on one time basis irrespective of their length of service in BS-17.
Subject: UP-GRADATION OF THE POSTS OF STENOTYPIST, STENOGRAPHER AND PRIVATE .............SECRETARY FROM B-12 TO B-14, B-15 TO 16 AND B-17 TO BPS-18
Para 10. On examination of the case in the light of Federal Service Tribunal Judgement dated 11.7.2011 and Law divisions advice dated 11.7.2011 the Establishment Division had not issued general circular. Instead the Establishment Division had recommended on 6.8.2011 to the Finance Division as under for according their concurrence and circulation to all the Ministries/Divisions:-
(a) The post of Stenotypist may be up-graded from BS-12 to BS-14 with enhancement of qualification for initial appointment from Matriculation to Intermediate.
(b) The post of STenographer may be up-graded from BS-15 to BS-16 with enhancement of qualification for initial appointment from Intermediate to Graduation.
(c) The post of Private Secretary (BS-17) may continue to remain in BS-17 and may be granted BS-18 after putting in 5 years satisfactory service instead of 7 years. The Private Secretaries in BS-18 may further be granted BS-19 after putting in 12 years Service in BS-17 & above taking benefit of Establishment Division's O.M No.1/9/80-R-II, dated 2.6.1983. However, on grant of BS-19 nomenclature of the post can be Senior Private Secretary.
(d) In pursuance of judgement of the Federal Service Tribunal and advice tendered by the Law, Justice & Parliamentary Affairs Division vide their U.O No.630/2011-Law-I, dated 11.7.2011 the existing Private Secretaries in BS-17 may be granted BS-18 on one time basis.
11. As regards observations made at para 5 above, it is stated that on 24.8.2011 Finance Division had inter alia, pointed out that the Establishment Division had earlier advised the Finance Division to prefer CPLA in the apex court. On 9.9.2011 Establishment Division had clarified to Finance Division that judgment of Federal Service Tribunal was earlier forwarded to Finance Division on 19.7.2011 for examination with a view to file CPLA in the Supreme Court of Pakistan if any law point was involved or otherwise. Finance Division was also informed that the Establishment Divisions earlier O.M dated 19.7.2011 could not be construed as direction/advice to the Finance Division and that it was open to Finance Division either to file or not to file CPLA.
12. Meanwhile, Finance Division filed petition in the Supreme Court of Pakistan. The apex court directed on 5.10.2011 as under:-
" In view of the above, these petitions are disposed of with the direction that the matter be finalized with a period of one month from the date of this order. All the CMAs are also disposed of accordingly".
13. Finance Division has already argued their point of view before the Hon'able Supreme Court of Pakistan but the Hon'able Court has disposed off the petition as mentioned at para 12 above. On 19.10.2011, Establishment Division requested the Finance Division to ensure that the matter be finalized within the time frame given by the Hon'able Court i.e 05.11.2011.
14. The instant summary has, however, been received in the Establishment Division on 17.11.2011. At this belated stage, Establishment Division re-iterates its earlier recommendations as at para 10 above for upgradation of the posts of Stenotypist, Stenographer and Private Secretary in order to implement the judgement of Federal Service Tribunal and the Apex Court in letter and spirit.
Sd/- Establishment Secretary,
Prime Minister's Secretariat (Principal Secretary to the PM), Islamabad
Establishent Divisions U.O No.1/3/2008-R-6 dated 9.12.2011
Through Secretary, Law, Justice & Parliamentary Affairs Division
Subject: UP-GRADATION OF THE POSTS OF STENOTYPIST, STENOGRAPHER AND PRIVATESECRETARY FROM BS-12 TO BS-14, BS-15 TO BS-16 AND BS-17 TO BS-18.
15. The Prime Minister has been pleased to approve the recommendations of Establishment Dvision contained in para 10 of the summary.
(Khushnood Akhtar Lashari)
to the Prime Minister
cc. Establishment Secretary
Post / Up-gradtion Criteria
The Post of Stenotypist may be up-graded from BS-12 to BS-14 with enhancement of qualification for initial appointment from Matriculation to Intermediate.
The post of Stenographer may be up-graded from BS-15 to BS-16 with enhancement of qualification for initial appointment from Intermediate to Graduation.
The post of Private Secretary (BS-17) may continue to remain in BS-17 and may be grandted BS-18 after putting in 5 years satisfactory service instead of 7 years. The Private Secretaries in BS-18 may further be granted BS-19 after putting in 12 years service in BS-17 and above taking benefit of Establishment Division O.M. No. I/9/80-RII, dated 2-6-1983. However, on grant of BS-19 nomenclature of the post can be "Senior Private Secretary".
In pursuance of judgement of the Federal Service Tribunal and advice tendered by the Law, Justice & Parlimanetary Affaris Division vide their U.O. Note No. 630/2011-Law-I dated 11-07-2011, the existing Private Secretaries in BS-17 may be granted "BS-18 on a one time basis."
CIVIL PETITION NO.1480 TO 1484 OF 2011 FILED BY SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN AND ANOTHERS VS KHALID RIAZ AND OTHERS.
1. Supreme Court of Pakistan vide its order dated 05.10.2011 has disposed of the subject cases, in the following words:-
"In view of the above, these petitions are disposed of with the direction that the matter be finalized within a period of one month from the date of this order."
2. Finance Division is, therefore, requested to ensure that the matter is finalized within the timeframe given by the honorable Court i.e by 05.11.2011.
( Zaka Ullah Jan )
(Dr.Waqar masood Khan, Secretary)
Govt of Pakistan Islamabad.
Update: Islamabad : 5th October, 2011
STENOGRAPHERS / S.TYPIST / PS UP-GRADATION CASE IN SUPREME COURT OF PAKISTAN
to all Stenographers/ Stenotypists & Private Secretaries
SUPREME COURT JUDGEMENT IN UPGRADATION CASE OF STENOGRAPHERS
ORDER MIAN SHAKIRULLAH JAN, J THROUGH THESE PETITIONS, THE PETITIONERS HAVE CHANLLENGED THE ORDER OF THE fEDERAL sERVICE tRIBUNAL WHEREBY THE PETITIONERS WERE DIRECTED TO IMPLEMENT THE JUDGEMENT OF THE TRIBUNAL DATED 6.2.2010 AND 15.02.2011.
2. THE RESPONDENTS CONCISE STATEMENT IS PLACED ON FILE AND OFFICE MEMORANDUM GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN CABINET SECRETARIEAT ESTABLISHMENT DIVISION, WHEREBY ACCORDING TO THE RESPONDENTS THEIR GRIEVANCES TO THE EXTENT OF UPGRADATION OF THE POSTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE JUDGEMENT OF THE SERVICE TRIBUNAL HAS BEEN CONSIDERED, HOWEVER, THE FINAL ORDER BY THE COMPETENT AUTHORITY IS STILL TO BE PASSED WHICH DOCUMENT HAS BEEN ANNEXED WITH THE CONCISE STATEMENT AND IS NOT DISPUTED ONE. HOWEVER, THE PETITIONERS PLEA IS THAT SINCE THE OFFICE MEMORANDUM HAS BEEN ISSUED ONLY BY THE ESTABLISHMENT DIVISION WHEREAS, THE OPINIONS OF CONTROLLER GENERAL OF PAKISTAN AND FINANCE DIVISION ARE STILL AWAITED. IT IS FOR THE PETITIONERS TO PROCESS THE MATTER IMMEDIATELY AND TO GET THEIR OPINIONS AND THEN FINAL ORDER BY THE COMPETENT AUTHORITY.
3. IN VIEW OF THE ABOVE, THESE PETITIONS ARE DISPOSED OFF WITH THE DIRECTION THAT THE MATTER BE FINALIZED WITHIN A PERIOD OF ONE MONTH FROM THE DATE OF THIS ORDER. ALL C.M.AS ARE ALSO DISPOSED OF ACCORDINGLY.
MIAN SHAKIRULLAH JAN , J
JAWWAD S. KHAWAJA, J
KHILJI ARIF HUSSAIN J
Supreme Court decide upgradation case and petitions are disposed off with the directions to Finance Division to implement the order of the Federal Service Tribunal within 30 days.
اسلام آباد ۔ آج سپریم کورٹ آف پاکستان میں سٹینوگرافرز، پرائیویٹ سیکرٹری اور سٹینوٹائپسٹ اپ گریڈیشن کیس میں عدالت عظمی کے جج جسٹس شاکراللہ جان، جسٹس جواد ایس خواجہ اور جسٹس خلجی عارف حسین پر مشتمل بینچ نے فنانس ڈویژن کی طرف دائر اپیل پر فیصلہ دیتے ہوئے کہا کہ تیس دن کے اندر اندر فنانس ڈویژن وزیراعظم سے منظوری لے کر اپ گریڈیشن کے آرڈر جاری کردے۔ کیونکہ اسٹیبلشمنٹ ڈویژن پہلے ہی منظوری دے چکی ہے۔ فنانس ڈویژن کی طرف سے جائنٹ سیکرٹری اویس کندی نے اپنا موقف پیش کیا ۔ ڈپٹی اٹارنی جنرل کی طرف جج صاحب نے مخاطب ہوکرکہا کہ آپ فوری طور پر اس معاملے کو وزیراعظم کے سامنے پیش کرکے تیس دن کے اندر منظوری لے کر سٹینوز کی پوسٹوں کو اپ گریڈ کرنے کے حتمی احکامات جاری کریں۔ پی ایم اے ڈی آئی ٹی پروفیشنلرز نے تمام سٹینو برادری اور پراوئیویٹ سیکرٹریز کو اس شاندار کامیابی پر دلی مبارکباد پیش کی ہے۔
اے اللہ تیرا شکرو احسان ہے کہ تو نے اپنے پیارے حبیب صلعم کے صدقہ سے ہماری مدد کی۔
WAIT FOR JUDGEMENT OF SUPREME COURT OF PAKISTAN
Today Hearing of 21.9.2011 stand "Cancelled" and delisted
in Supreme Court of Pakistan Bench-I
It is notified for all the concerned advocates/Advocate-on-Record and litigants public that the following cases fixed in Final Cause List No. 37/2011 before Bench No. 1 for 21-09-2011 comprising Hon'ble Mr. Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chuadhry, HCJ, Hon'able Mr. Mustice Tariq Pervez and Hon'ble Mr. Justice Ghulam Rabbani stand cancelled and delisted.
CP.1480 to 1483/2011 at Serial No. 24
Islamabad, the 20th Sept, 2011
Finance Division OM. No. 19 (55) /Legal-II/2010-1055-R1 Dated: 24th August 2011