Finance Division, Reg. Wing Notification /O.M F.No.1(2)Imp/2019-700 dated 5- July-2019
The President has been pleased to sanction with effect from 1st July, 2019 and till further orders, an Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2019 to the civil employees of the Federal Government as well as the civilians paid from Defence Estimates including contingent paid staff and contract employees employed against civil posts in Basic Pay Scales on standard terms and conditions of contract appointment as details below:
A) BPS-1 to 16 @ 10% of the basic pay
B) BPS-1 to 16 @ 10% of the basic pay
2. The amount of Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2019:
- will be subject to Income Tax;
- will be admissible during leave and entire period of LPR except during extra ordinary leave;
- will not be treated as part of emoluments for the purpose of calculation of Pension/gratuity and recovery of House Rent;
- will not be admissible to the employees during the tenure of their posting/deputation abroad; and
- will be admissible to the employees on their repatriation from posting/deputation abroad at the rate and amount which would have been admissible to them had they not been posted abroad.
3. The term “Basic Pay” for the purpose of Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2019 will also include the amount of the personal pay granted on account of annual increment (s) beyond the maximum of the existing pay scales.
4. The above Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2019 shall be accommodated from within the budgetary allocation for the year 2019-20 by the respective Ministries/Divisions/Departments and no supplementary grants would be given on this account.