Govt. of Pakistan, Establishment Division O.M / Notification No. F.531/1/2006-SP dated 11th-May-2017
The Establishment Division is directed to state that the Federal Cabinet in its meeting held on 12th-April-2017 has accorded approval of the subject amendment in the Recruitment Policy / Mechanism issued vide this Division’s O.M. No. 531/2008-SP dated 16th-January-2015 as under:-
“1(a) Appointment on Regular Basis of Contract / Contingent Paid / Daily Wages / Project Employees”
For the purpose of appointment on regular basic of Contract / Contingent Paid / Daily Wages / Project employees the follow criteria shall be observed:-
- All Contract / Contingent Paid / Daily Wages / Project Employees who have rendered a minimum of one year of service in continuity as on 1-01-2017 (hereinafter referred to as eligible employees) may apply for appointment on regular basis in the manner prescribed hereinafter provided that the condition of continuity shall not be applicable in case of person(s) employed on daily wages who have completed at least 365 days service.
- For initial appointment to posts in BS-16 and above the employees shall apply direct to FPSC against relevant/suitable vacancies as and when arising for which they are eligible.
- For initial appointment to posts in BS-1 to BS-15, the eligible employees may apply as per criteria given vide this Division O.M. No. 53/1/2008-SP dated 16-01-2015 and 03-03-2015 shall be adopted.
- The eligible employees shall be awarded extra marks in interview at the rate of one (01) mark for each year of service rendered upto a maximum of five (05) marks, on the recommendations of the respective selection authorities.
- The period served as contract/contingent paid / daily wages / project employee, shall be excluded for the purpose of determination of upper age limit in addition to relaxation of upper age limit as per existing rules.
- Qualifications prescribed for a post shall be strictly followed. In case, a person does not possess the prescribed qualifications/experience for the post he/she is applying for he/she shall not be considered for the same.
- The employee must be in good mental and body health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties unless appointed against disability quota.
- The advantage of para 1(e) is a one-time dispensation for all contract/contingent paid/daily wage/project employees for their eligibility to regular employment.
2. The Division’s O.M. of even number dated 16th January, 2015 is modified to the above extent. All Ministries/Division are requested to take further action accordingly.
Special thanks to Mr. Muhammad Iqbal AAO F/Div & Mr. Saqib Shahzad SA/PMAD for providing the useful Office Memorandum dated 11-05-2017.