SECTION OFFICERS PROMOTIONAL EXAMINATION-2012
Federal Public Service Commission will hold the Section Officers Promotional Examination-2012 with effect from 11-12-2012 to 14-12-2012 simultaneously, at Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta and Rawalpindi centers subject to sufficient number of candidates at the respective stations. Contact:: FPSC Head Office, Sector F-5/1, Aga Khan Road. (Phone: 051-9212332, 9212159 & 9210706) Closing Date:
Download Application Form, Rules & Public Notice
CSS Examination 2013 Public Notice for Govt. Employees » Rules & Regulations for SO Exam » Information Cell
Empoyees Network of Pakistan
Application Form » download
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, ISLAMABAD
SECTION OFFICERS PROMOTIONAL EXAM-2012
RULES & APPLICATION FORM | Total Posts=50
Islamabad, the 15th July, 2012
Case No. F.7/1/2012-SOPE. Please read carefully the Advertisement, and these Rules for the Examination before filling the Application Form. Please note that prescribed conditions are not relaxable.
2. The Examination for selection of 50 Section Officers will be held from 11th to 14th December, 2012 simultaneously at Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Quetta. “The Commission however, reserves the right to finally decide the places of Examination/ Interviews.”
3. The Examination shall comprise of two components.
(a) Written Examination = 300 Marks (b) Viva Voce = 100 Marks
4. There is no minimum educational qualifications laid down for the Examination. However, the standard of the Examination will be of Bachelor’s Degree of Pakistani Universities. There is no age limit and no limit for number of attempts.
5. The following eligibility/ineligibility criteria have been laid down for aforesaid examination.
Eligibility Ineligibility The following categories of Federal Government
Servants are eligible:-
All Civil Servants appointed on regular basis in BS-11 to BS-16 who have put in minimum 8 years of service and they are serving till closing date in President’s Secretariat, Prime Minister’s Secretariat, Senate Secretariat, National Assembly Secretariat, Federal Secretariat (Ministry/ Division), Attached Departments, Wafaqi Mohtasib’s Secretariat, Federal Service Tribunal, Federal Public Service Commission, Intelligence Bureau and also the Civilian Employees of Pakistan Armed Forces Headquarters and their lower formations.
The employees of the following offices/ categories are not eligible:-
(i) All Subordinate Offices such as Customs/Central Excise & Income
Tax including field offices of the FBR. (ii) Accountants General in the Provinces. (iii) AJK Council.
(iv) Provincial Governments, AJK & Gilgit-Baltistan Govts.
(v) Election Commission of Pakistan
(vi) Federal Shariat Court
(vii) Semi Government., Autonomous Bodies, Corporation & Regulatory Authorities
(viii) Strategic Organizations such as PAEC, KRL,AWC and others.
(ix) The employees working below BS-11 and those who are placed in
BS-17 on regular basis.
(x) The employees mentioned at (i) to (viii) working on deputation basis in Federal Government.
(x) Other departments which have not been declared as attached departments in terms of Schedule III of Rules of Business, 1973.
6. Submission of Application: The candidate must apply on the prescribed Application Form. The Application Form must be submitted direct to the Secretary, Federal Public Service Commission, Aga Khan Road, F-5/1, Islamabad, on or before the closing date. Any application alongwith required documents sent by courier/mail on or before the closing date shall be acceptable if received in the Commission office within three working days of the closing date. An application which is unsigned or is received incomplete or wrongly filled in and is not accompanied with required documents will be rejected.
7. The candidates must send the following documents with their Applications. In case of non-submission, the applications shall be rejected summarily and no appeal or review petition shall be entertained in this regard.
(a). Recent Photographs (03 copies)
(b). Attested copies of Educational Certificate(s)/ Degree(s). (c). Attested copy of Computerized National Identity Card
(d). Attested copies of Notification(s)/ Office Order(s) of each appointment/promotion.
(e). Attested copy of Self Domicile Certificate
(f). Proof of eligibility in terms of Rules i.e. copy of Schedule-III of Rules of Business or Establishment
Division letter (for employees of Federal Secretariat or attached departments).
(g). Departmental Permission Certificate on FPSC prescribed form from competent authority
8. Application duly signed may also be submitted through fax only to FPSC, Headquarters, Islamabad on Fax Nos. 051-9213386 & 051-9203410. All such Faxes will be treated as provisionally accepted Applications. The candidate is however, bound to submit his/her original application alongwith all necessary documents and Treasury Receipt within 10 days from the closing date, failing which his/her candidature is liable to be rejected.
9. All the candidates are admitted to the Examination provisionally on their own risk subject to their being found eligible on detailed scrutiny of their applications after written Examination is over. If a candidate is found ineligible his candidature will be cancelled irrespective of the fact whether he has appeared in the Examination or not or even qualified therein.
10. Cut off date to determine eligibility of the candidates in terms of service etc. is the closing date for submission of applications. On detailed scrutiny of the applications if they are found ineligible, their candidature will be cancelled irrespective of the fact whether they have appeared in the Examination or even qualified therein. On rejection of candidature, the applicant will be informed by the Commission defining the reasons of his/ her ineligibility. Decision of the Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the Examination shall be final. To avoid frustration, the candidates are advised in their own interest to make sure before appearing in the Examination that they fulfill all the requirements of the Rules relating to the Examination, and are eligible in all respects.
11. Warning: A candidate who knowingly furnishes an information which is false or suppresses material information or attempts to influence the Commission, officers or members of the staff of the Commission or to obtain support for his/her candidature by improper means, or deliberately submits forged certificates or tampers with the entries in his/her age and educational certificates, or misbehaves in the examination hall or uses unfair means or is found guilty of misconduct during Medical and Viva Voce Tests will be disqualified for this and/or subsequent examinations/selections held by the Commission and/or criminally prosecuted and debarred from employment under the Government. If appointed, will be dismissed from service as and when the facts come to surface.
12. Departmental Permission Certificate: The candidate should also submit an advance copy of application on prescribed form to FPSC on or before closing date to avoid rejection due to delay that may occur in processing by the Government channels and receipt of application in FPSC. However, Departmental Permission Certificate may be provided within 10 days of the closing date.
13. Correspondence: All correspondence in connection with Applications, (before receiving Roll Numbers) must quote name of post/ exam applied for, full name of the candidate, father’s name and CNIC number, contact number to facilitate an early response.
14. Any change of address should be reported to the FPSC immediately. Candidates should not write their postal addresses care of Post Box Number etc. as Postal Authorities do not accept registered letters for such an address.
15. Change of Centre: No request for change of centre will normally be entertained. When a candidate, however, desires to change his/ her centre, from one indicated in his/ her Application Form for the Examination, he/ she should make a written request to this effect to the Secretary, FPSC, Islamabad and send it by registered post, as soon as possible but not later than 15 days prior to conduct of examination giving full justification as to why he/ she desires to do so. Such request will be considered only on merit.
16. Every candidate for admission to this Examination will be informed, at the earliest possible date, of the result of his/ her Application. If a candidate does not receive this communication at least 10 days before the commencement of the Examination, he/ she should at once write to the Commission or contact at Phone Nos. 051-9212332, 051-921 21 59. Failure to comply with this provision will deprive the candidate of any claim subsequently.
Syllabus for SO Examination 2012 17. (i) Written Examination: The medium of the Examination is English except in paper of Islamyat which may be attempted either in English or in Urdu. The Examination shall be passed as a whole and not in parts. The Examination shall comprise following four (04) papers:-
General Paper-I (English)
50 Marks Time: 2 Hours
i). Essay writing (10 Marks)
ii). Summary writing (10 Marks)
iii). Precise & Composition (10 Marks)
iv). Translation from Urdu to English (10 Marks)
v). Translation from English to Urdu (10 Marks)
General Paper-II (General Knowledge)
50 Marks Time: 2 Hours
i). Pakistan Studies (17 Marks)
ii). Islamyat (17 Marks)
iii). Current Affairs (16 Marks)
Professional/ Specialized Paper-I
100 Marks Time: 3 Hours
i). Rules of Business (20 Marks)
ii). Secretariat Instructions and Office Procedure (20 Marks)
iii). Secretariat Noting & Drafting (20 Marks)
iv). General Financial Rules (Vol.I) (20 Marks)
v). Civil Servants Act, 1973 & Rules made there under (20 Marks)
Professional/ Specialized Paper-II
100 Marks Time: 3 Hours
i). Basic Concepts of Public Administration (20 Marks)
ii). Human Resource Management (20 Marks)
iii). General Financial Rules-II (20 Marks)
iv). Management Information System (20 Marks)
v). Basic Concept of Quality Management (20 Marks)
Detailed Contents for General Paper-II are as under A. PAKISTAN STUDIES (MARKS 17)
1. Ideology of Pakistan
2. Land and People of Pakistan
3. Pakistan Movement
B. ISLAMYAT (MARKS 17)
1. Need of Religion and its role in Human Life – Islam and other religions.
2. Islam – its concept and meaning. Deen and Muzhab, Islamic Concepts of Universe and Humanity, Place of Humanity in Islam, Man as Vicegerent of Allah, Chief Characteristics of Islamic Ideology.
3. Islamic Way of Life
(a) Source of Shariah (b) Social system in Islam
(c) Morality in Islam (d) Islamic Political System (e) Muslim Ummah
C. CURRENT AFFAIRS (MARKS 16):
Candidates will be expected to display such general knowledge of History, Geography and Politics as is necessary to interpret current affairs.
1. Pakistan’s relation with its neighbours. 2. Pakistan’s relations with Middle Eastern. African and far Eastern Countries.
3. Pakistan’s relations with Big Powers. 4. Pakistan’s role in Regional and International Organizations.
5. Issues in Pakistan Politics
Suggested Readings Title Author Suggested Readings Title Author 1. Pakistan’s Foreign Policy
2. Politics in Pakistan
3. The Military and Politics in Pakistan
4. Pakistan in 20th Century: A Political History
Khalid B. Sayeed
Hasan Askari Rizvi
5. Geography of Pakistan
6. Ulema in Politics
7. The Making of Pakistan
8. Introduction to Islam
9. Muslim Separation in India
Abdul Hamid and Pakistan
(ii) The Non-Muslim candidates have the option either to take/attempt Islamyat portion of General Paper-II or otherwise Pakistan Studies portion of General Paper-II will be treated of double marks in their case in lieu of Islamyat.
(iii) No candidate will be admitted to the Examination who does not hold admission certificate.
(iv) Weightage: General Papers 33% Professional Papers 67%
Qualifying 40% in each paper
Standard: 50% in aggregate 50% in Viva Voce
(v) Candidates who failed to obtain less than 40% marks in any of the subject and 50 % marks in interview will not be given any credit and their marks will be treated as Zero. (Fraction of percentage in aggregate will not be converted into a whole number)
18. When total marks of more than one candidate are equal, the one who gets more marks in viva voce is treated as higher in merit. If marks in viva voce are also equal, the one who is older in age is treated as higher in merit. No grace marks are admissible/ given.
19. The candidates whose candidatures are rejected will not be issued Detailed Marks Sheet.
20. Recounting: Answer Books are secret documents and cannot, therefore, be permitted to be seen by the candidates or their representatives nor re-examination of Answer Books/Scripts is allowed under any circumstances. A candidate desirous of getting his/her marks, awarded by the examiners re-counted may submit his/her request, so as to reach FPSC within thirty days of the date of issue of Result Card/Marks Sheet alongwith a Treasury Receipt of Rs. 200/- per paper as fee for re-counting of marks only. No such request will be entertained, thereafter.
21. Representation against rejection of candidature, if so desired, may be submitted to the Commission so as to reach FPSC within thirty (30) days of the issuance of the rejection letter. Representation will be entertained only if accompanied with a Treasury Receipt of Rs.100/-. The Commission will decide the representation after allowing an opportunity of Personal Hearing to the candidate. The candidate has to appear for personal hearing at FPSC, Headquarters, Islamabad or FPSC, Provincial Offices at his/her own expense.
22. Review Petition against rejection of representation, if so desired, may be submitted to the Commission so as to reach FPSC within fifteen (15) days of issuance of the rejection of representation. Review petition will be entertained only if accompanied with a Treasury Receipt of Rs.100/-. The decision of the Commission on the Review Petition shall be final.
23. Original Documents: A candidate called for Viva Voce Test, will be required to bring his/ her original documents, CNIC and Admission Certificate on the date he/ she appears for Viva Voce Test. These will be returned on the spot if found in order. Any document found to have been tampered with, will be liable to be retained and the candidate, liable to be criminally prosecuted in addition to being permanently debarred from the Commission’s Examinations and selections and from Employment under Government.
24. Viva Voce: Each candidate who qualifies the Written Examination will be interviewed by a Board who will have before them a record of his/her career. The object of the interview is to assess his/her suitability for the services, intelligence and alertness of mind potential qualities in assessing his/her merit. All candidates are expected to have basic knowledge regarding Islam and Pakistan. Reevaluation of marks awarded by the Viva Voce Board is not allowed under any circumstances.
25. Appointment: The candidate who finally qualify the Examination will be recommended by the Commission in order of merit and number of advertised vacancies announced by the Government. In case of Non-Joiner or if a successful candidate in the Promotional Examination does not report for training within specified date due to the reason whatsoever, no alternate nomination will be issued and such a vacancy will be carried over to the next Promotional Examination.
26. Success in the Examination confers no right to appointment.
27. Specialized Training Programme: After completing all formalities of written examination and interview etc., the recommended candidates will be required to undergo such training as may be prescribed by the Government at Secretariat Training Institute.
28. Reserve List: No panel shall be drawn for future appointment. Candidates more than the number of vacancies shall neither be recommended nor will be put on waiting list.
29. The Government sometimes announces public holidays at a short notice. The FPSC examinations/ interviews will not be affected by such announcements, unless a decision on postponement is conveyed to the candidates.
30. The Commission reserves the right to change the schedule of the Examination as well as to cancel any paper(s) or the Examination without assigning any reason.
31. The Policy laid down above is liable to modification and any change will be applicable to the candidates for this Examination.
32. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
(BILAL ANWAR) Secretary
FPSC Head Office, Sector F-5/1, Aga Khan Road. (Phone: 051-9212332, 9212159 & 9210706)
Download Related Documents
CSS Examination 2013» Public Notice for Govt. Employees » Rules & Regulations for SO Exam » Application Form » download
URL: www.pmadit.com || E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org